It will happen to your business: A contract will be broken. A customer will refuse to pay or you are being sued by an unhappy customer from the past. No matter what, every business reaches a period where they need outside legal assistance. But, despite the fact they are in over their head, there are numerous business attorneys that still choose to handle their litigation issues on their own, and they aren’t too happy with the results.
While every business has a max budget, ignoring the need for legal assistance because of a maxed out budget should never happen. Failing to see the signs that you need an attorney can actually cost your business more than if you had just hired the attorney in the first place.
How Can a Business Litigation Attorney Help You?
- Breach of Contract – When someone doesn’t live up to their end of the deal – including if that someone is you – you need an attorney. A breach of contract is a serious business issue that shouldn’t be taken lightly nor handled by inexperienced staff members. An attorney can litigate business contract arbitrations and even file a suit against the breaching party to ensure you get the compensation or business you were entitled to.
- Breach of Fiduciary Duty – There are certain responsibilities that come with certain duties in your company. If someone violates those duties, you may need the assistance of an attorney to hold that person liable for their actions, litigate any partnership or shareholder disputes that may arise from it, and advise your board of directors on their legal rights.
- Lawsuit Protection – Your business will face at least one lawsuit in its time. While this lawsuit can be completely frivolous, not having adequate legal representation could turn a pointless lawsuit into a serious threat. Business litigation attorneys know how to protect the rights of their clients in these types of situations, ensuring your business stays protected.
Also Read : 3 Ways Business Lawyers Can Protect Your Business
Three Reasons You Should Hire an Attorney
Sometimes reviewing the services and situations an attorney can help you with is not enough; instead, you need reassurance that hiring an attorney is worth the investment. Just some of the reasons you should consider a business litigation attorney include:
A Litigation Attorney Cares about Your Business’s Interests
No matter what issue you are hiring the business litigation attorney to handle – a compliance issue, drafting or reviewing contracts, or an executive hire – they put the best interests of your business at the top of their list. That means if you get advice from a business litigation attorney, you know they are giving advice that is meant to protect your company – and any employees and associated assets you may have.
They Handle the Commercial Litigation – So You Don’t Have To
While it sounds straightforward, most businesses do not realize the value in having someone handle litigation. The business attorney handles the paperwork, court hearings, gathering evidence, and negotiations so that you can focus on running your business while your attorney focuses on protecting that same business. Dealing with any type of litigation can be stressful, and having an attorney on hand to handle these situations can save you a great deal of stress.
Your Attorney Can Help You Decide if Court or Settlement is Best
If you are facing the option of choosing between taking your case to court and accepting a settlement, you need the assistance of a litigation attorney. An attorney can assess the case, review the facts and help determine which is the most cost-effective and viable solution. Sometimes paying out a settlement will actually save your business money and preserve your brand, while other times your attorney may suggest going forward with a trial. Either way, you have someone there who can advise you as to what is best for your company.
Also Read : 3 Reasons Every Business Needs an Attorney
Do Not Select Just Any Business Litigation Attorney
Never select just any litigator to handle your company’s legal issues. While there are tons of great litigators out there, some are more skilled than others in specific industries, types of business litigation cases, etc. You want to make sure the attorney you hire gives you the most value for your investment – and someone that truly can protect your business instead of just collecting a check every month.
Some things you can do to ensure you are hiring the right litigator for the job include:
- Reviewing the litigators’ expertise in the type of case you are looking at as well as your industry. After all, you don’t want to hire an attorney for your startup if they don’t have experience working with startup businesses.
- Comparing the attorney or law firm’s experience to the number of successful verdicts. Just because an attorney has a lot of experience doesn’t mean it is a successful record; so, follow up and see what types of customer testimonials they can share with you as well as their verdict history.
- Find an attorney that thinks on both sides. You don’t want an attorney that just works for you and thinks about you – you want one that would think from the other side of the fence and pick a settlement or solution they know the other party would accept – but still picking something that keeps your company’s best interests at heart.
- Honesty is key. Some attorneys have excellent reputations for success, but they are not as honest as they should be. Corporate and even small business litigations can get ugly, but you still want an attorney that plays by the rules, is fair, and always honest.
- The attorney’s fees should still be a concern – especially if you are on a tight budget. While you shouldn’t base your decision solely on their price, you want someone that has upfront pricing or their services – whether it is an hourly fee or a flat rate – and someone that is willing to work with your company when it comes to payments.
Contact the Skilled Business Litigators at Campbell Law Group Today
Are you looking for a team of business litigators that you can trust? The attorneys at Campbell Law Group have years of experience representing big and small corporations that need assistance with their legal matters. We are here to protect your rights and represent your company.
Call us now for a no obligation consultation by dialing 305-460-0145 .